Last night I saw some interesting recipes on internet and I wrote down some of it and hope I can cook it someday. It’s sunday and I’m off from workout so I need something healthy for my diet, something good for my muscles to grow more lol. Maybe dish with high protein and carb would be nice. I went to the supermarket near my flat and bought some fresh ingredients. Remember to use fresh ingredients for every dishes because nothing gives more flavor to your food than fresh ingredients.
Today I’m gonna cook PAD KRAPOW GAI, it sounds naugthy but it’s not a gay bar or something nasty, It’s a Thailand dish with cute pronounce you ever heard. If you love something with strong flavor I recommend you this recipe. Thailand food emphasis on lightly prepared dishes with strong aromatic components and a spicy edge. It is known for its complex of at least three and up to four or five fundamental taste senses in each dish: sour, sweet, salty, bitter, and spicy. Here’s how I’m making pad krapow gai. Cook your rice first then assemble the ingredients.
- 4 tbs Vegetable oil
- 1/2 Chicken Breast
- 2 Red and Green pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium shallot
- 100 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- A pinch of sugar
- A Handful of basil leaves
1. Peel the garlic and the shallot, another tips for the quickest way is to squash the garlic with the flat side of a knife and then mince it. Slice the shallot, green and red pepper and put it all on a plate.
2. For the chicken breast, sliced it into a small pieces and then mince it. Don’t forget the basil leaves (we only use the leave). Grab some leaves and roll it into one and then sliced it. Use as much as you like, but i prefer 2 handful because for me i love food with strong flavour.
3. Now to prepare the sauce add 3 table spoons of oyster sauce, 1 table-spoon of soy sauce and a pinch of sugar into a small bowl or you can use a plate.
4. Put a frying pan and work over a medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and when it hot add the chicken. Stir it until its color changes then add the shallots first, stir it until the shallot cook and then add garlic, red pepper and green pepper. Stir it until it cook.
5. Add the sauce and chicken stock. For optional only you can add some soy sauce or oyster sauce if you like. When the chicken stock drained and the chicken cook already, remove the heat and add the basil leaves. Stir it until it wilts and serve it with hot rice.
Love the sweet taste and strong aromatic from the basil leaves. I’ll show you some pictures hope you enjoy it. SELAMAT MAKAN (Bon Appetit)