Woah the euphoria of Ramadan is already felt on the air, it’s time to spend time with my family, I miss them so much! I’ve been in Bandung for 9 months now aaaand I’m slightly freaked out that 1 week from now I can’t post my lovely recipes on my Instagram for 29 days! In Ramadhan we (muslim) are not allowed to eat and drink during the day until the sunset for 29-30 days. But I’m ignoring that thought from now on, I will share to you my Ginger Chicken with Sweet Soy Sauce.
What we have got here is super mighty delicious! Tender! Juicy! Chicken with ginger, garlic and sweet soy sauce that adapted from Chinese cuisine that exist in Indonesia for over hundreds years. How lucky i am to be an Indonesian (thank you to my predecessors!). I got this recipe from my mom, for the sake of yours enjoyment I recreate some ingredients. It’s super chewy and delicious for the first bite mmmmmm…
The sweetness from the sweet soy sauce pair very well with the ginger! Very tender! You even can taste the juicy come out from the chicken when you bite it. Can you imagine that? it sounds great right, why not try to cook it? come on guys!
So you wanna make ginger chicken with sweet soy sauce, huh? I do LoL
Ok then! Here it is
- 1.6 lb chicken
- 3 Red peppers, slice it into thick size
- 3 Green peppers, slice it into thick size
- 1 Ginger (thumb size), Slice it into thin size
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 200 ml water
- A pinch of salt
- Black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Put the frying pan (you can use wok) on high heat, stir the ginger first without vegetable oil, we will add it later. Stir it until fragrant then add the chicken, don’t stop stir until it cook.
- Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil then add minced garlic, sliced red and green pepper. Stir it until it cook.
- Add 200 ml water, add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and sweet soy sauce. Cook it for 10-15 minutes until the water dries.
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper. Serve it with hot rice.
A dish with beautiful color is ready to satisfy your appetite. So classic and authentic of Chinese Indonesian cuisine, SELAMAT MAKAN (BON APETIT)
Note: You can add the sweet soy sauce as much as you like.